BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER Project Description:
- Under guidance, lead hypothesis-driven research using biophysical, biological and biochemical methods to develop the extracellular matrix or collagen-based scaffolds for regenerative medicine applications.
- Develop new and advanced concepts that may guide the development of novel regenerative medicine products by using in vitro and in vivo approaches.
- Develop technical strategies for tissue processing, optimization, and continuous improvement.
- Lead a small team to execute in vitro and in vivo assays and analyze resulting data to support development of novel regenerative medicine products.
- Communicate at all levels and deliver highly technical information with clarity. This includes technical writing (e.g., protocols, reports, invention disclosures, portions of regulatory submission documents) as well as preparing and making presentations.
- Contribute as a team member to Regenerative Medicine R&D projects when needed.
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering or Biomaterial Science is a must, and specialized in biomaterials science and its interaction with tissue matrices with 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience in academic research or in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Solid background in biological tissue matrix and synthetic biomaterials, and extensive experience in tissue matrix and bio absorbable polymer modification and characterization (e.g., biochemical, biophysical and structural properties), as well as cross-linking chemistry of collagen and other biomolecules.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in fabrication of biomaterial scaffolds; 2+ years of experience in 3D bio printing, preferably at high resolution, and expertise in tissue engineering & microfluidics.
- Previous experience in leading the design, execution, and analysis of pre-clinical studies using surgical animal models, and experience in regenerative medicine preferred.
- Proven track record of hypothesis-driven research and creative problem-solving.
- Experience designing, overseeing, and executing laboratory procedures.
- Experience in process development, process optimization, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated mathematical and statistical skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to train and guide team members.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking in a team-based working environment.
- Excellence Focused: demonstrates discipline and commitment to turn strategy into reality; drives results by focusing on prioritization and continuous improvement.
- Inquisitive: shows curiosity, asks probing questions, and challenges the status quo to make strong decisions.
- Optimistic: has positive outlook; aligns with business needs and has a can-do attitude.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Karen: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-01556
W2 ONLY MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
Name: Karen Gulutz