Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
The Application Engineer will support customers, customer service representatives, sales managers, field engineers, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining their efforts in promoting/selling distribution protection and control products. In this role, the Application Engineer will gain a deep understanding of the capabilities and operation of assigned product lines and not only resolve immediate customer issues but understands that every customer interaction presents an opportunity to foresee and prevent potential future issues. The Application Engineer will prepare pricing and technical data for quotations. In this role the Application Engineer will act as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, and sales to resolve issues and improve products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide sales and technical support using troubleshooting and analytical skills for questions pertaining to assigned products to end users, channel partners, sales, and customer service for domestic and international markets.
- Provide pricing, class code, technical information (drawings, test reports, etc.), and product selection for quotations to customer service representatives, field sales, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Provide demonstration and training of products to customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Review orders for proper application of products, price, and delivery
- Review quotations for order terms and conditions of sale
- Review customer product specifications
- Create marketing brochures, technical literature, product specification documents and application white papers that explain product functionality, use cases, implementation, and competitive cross references of assigned products for internal and external use
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application of products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation
- Identify new product opportunities based on customer needs, market gaps, latest product technologies, innovations, and competitive landscape
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) on business related trips
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years customer interfacing experience and technical support, as well as general knowledge of power distribution systems.
- Experience in Electric Utility Industry preferred
- Experience in Application Engineering, Sales (or) Product Engineering desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate detaile technical information to an audience with various levels of technical understanding.
- Experience with SAP and MS Office software preferred
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced atmosphere
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.