Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
The Industrial Engineering Manager maintains the engineered process standards within the facility and monitors activities to ensure safe and efficient workplace layouts and practices. Manages and administrates key facility hardware and software systems and facilitates continuous improvement efforts within the facility. Leads projects and teams consisting of other Engineers, technical personnel, and other cross functional team members.
- Analyzes and develops routine to complex new and existing standards using historical data, time studies and frequencies to maintain incentive systems
- Utilizes logical waste elimination methods to reduce line losses from unbalance, uneven load and non-value activities
- Serves as a technical/knowledge and lean process design expert in cross-functional teams on projects/teams for Industrial Engineering
- Analyzes and maintains records of all ergonomic risks and executes plans to continually improve ergonomics within the production environment
- Responsible for the operations capital budget and long term capital plan
- Leads projects/teams consisting of other Industrial Engineers/technical personnel
- Trains and mentors lower level industrial engineering positions.
- Conducts presentation meetings with hourly employees to inform them of rate implementation or changes
- Drives and recommends revisions to methods of operation, equipment layout or other changes to increase production or improve standards
- Maintains key facility software configuration where applicable.
- Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine staff requirements and production standards.
- Develops and communicates KPI reporting for management review, ensures action, and control
- Develops labor utilization standards to promote efficient staff and facility utilization for multiple operations
- Evaluates the precision of labor efficiency information and recommends procedure improvements to reduce variance and increase efficiency
- Drafts written work instructions for each operation to ensure standard operating procedures are followed and reviews each job description with area leaders.
- Troubleshoots facility software to resolve inventory discrepancies, performance issues, etc.
- Administrates Time Study software packages.
- Maintains the facility layout and makes planned adjustments to improve efficiency and react to product or market changes
- Understands and adhere to current health, safety, and environmental policies (ISO14001). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Understands current quality policies and procedures (IATF 16949). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to product quality.
- Ensure required records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Knorr Production Systems and Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques
- Ergonomic assessment
- Work place organization / 5S
- Value Stream Mapping
- Systematic Layout Planning, macro-material flow planning
- Machinery selection, installation and trouble shooting.
- Production line balancing and optimization
- Computer skills: Micro-soft office suite, pertinent SAP functionality
- Structured problem-solving methodology
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field is required; a Master degree is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing leadership experience leading a team of professional and hourly reports is required.
- At least 7 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering Manager
- Experience in lean manufacturing environment – mastery of lean concepts
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task assignments;
- Must be passionate for the protection of workers, property, and the environment.
- Possess strong shop floor presence, and able to communicate with various layers of the
- Ability to lead, motivate and positively influence others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- SAP Experience is a plus.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan