Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 17,000 employees, 400 offices worldwide and $2.8 billion revenue in 2017, we provide services to protect and improve the quality of life through responsible resource management, sound infrastructure, and rapid communications ability. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Our national Water Group (WTR) has an immediate opening for an experienced and motivated Engineering Manager/ Practice Lead to support the burgeoning municipal stormwater market in the Texas region. Our portfolio of projects involves capital improvement planning and design, strategic flood control and management, and watershed management/water quality planning work. The individual will serve in a project and office management role for large projects, maintain strong client relations, and secure new business, with a goal of continuing the growth of the practice and sustaining a long-term, physical presence in the Texas region. This individual will capitalize on our unique position as the primary disaster recovery consultant for the City of Houston and will leverage our relationships with several major regional clients to identify/target opportunities and build internal and external teams that can effectively compete, win, and perform work.
- Lead Tetra Tech’s stormwater resources operation in Houston and oversee the execution of the work for this region, acting as an Operations Manager, Project Manager, Technical Lead, and Client Manager.
- Lead regional operations and projects that are medium to large in size ($500k – $2M) and will be responsible for financial management of the program, ensuring key deadlines are met, delivery is of top quality, and that the project staff work together collaboratively and effectively.
- Provide technical leadership in strategic planning, green infrastructure (GI), flood control, sustainable design, resilient infrastructure design, and stormwater best management practice (BMP) design and will have an ability to conceptualize and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Serve as the Operational Leader for the program, including supervision of all key staff in the region.
- Responsible for ultimate client satisfaction and repeat business opportunities and will work with other managers and experts to market current clients and develop, identify, and attract new clients and recruit high-quality staff.
- Advanced degree in relevant Science or Engineering field is preferred.
- 15 years+ in a lead planning or design role required as is proven experience successfully managing teams (internal and external).
- Strong project and client management skills and must be well-regarded by peers and direct reports.
- Proven record successfully securing new work as well as maintaining existing contracts and have a strong portfolio of completed projects that demonstrates excellent technical capabilities.
- Experience working in the design or planning of flood resiliency infrastructure, disaster recovery, GI, and/or BMPs is required.
- Ability to independently plan, evaluate, select, design, and apply, water resources engineering principles and criteria and be able to quickly adapt and modify projects approaches as necessary.
Tetra Tech only accepts resumes through its online process. Please apply at www.tetratech.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
No agencies or calls please.