Chemical Plant Technician
Kelly Services is seeking a talented Chemical Plant (Facilities) Technician in Tamaqua, PA. The ideal candidate will have 3 years’ experience with chemical plant operations, experience with handling hazardous chemicals (Toxics, reactive, corrosives, oxidizers, F2 and HF preferred), and be familiar with basic equipment maintenance and repair. Candidates without chemical experience but with the 3 years facilities will be considered. This is a 6 month Temp-to-Hire opportunity!
Must be flexible to work a day shift or night shift. Occasional Weekends. OT offered!
- Performs the activities necessary to support R&D efforts in a pilot plant environment.
- May include construction of experimental equipment and small pilot plant facilities, operation of those facilities, preventive and operational maintenance of pilot plant equipment, and routine analytical analysis of process and product samples.
- The preferred candidate will be able to perform all duties consistent with manufacturing various compounds in a pilot plant setting.
- Should be familiar with the operation of reactors, centrifuges, refrigeration and heating systems, gas cylinders and rotary vacuum driers. Should also be familiar with packaging solids, liquids and gases and be capable of operating a fork lift.
- The ability to safely handle hazardous materials is expected.
- *Days and hours depend on the specific project needs; overtime, occasional weekend work, and continuous (rotating) shifts are possible.
- Responsible for safety, environmental protection, productivity, quality, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Resolution of daily operating issues, product on-time delivery, diagnose malfunctions and perform preventive and operating maintenance, recording and reporting all deviations from normal operating conditions, maintaining an up-to-date R&D notebook, maintaining a safe work environment, and following all Versum Materials corporate standards for laboratory and pilot plant EH&S.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- The preferred candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalency, good communication skills,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with chemical plant operations, experience with handling hazardous chemicals (Toxics, reactive, corrosives, oxidizers, F2 and HF preferred), and be familiar with basic equipment maintenance and repair. Familiarity with analytical instruments is desirable
- Will work Mon-Fri. 1-2 months on day shift for training. Must be flexible to work a day shift or night shift. Occasional Weekends
- Overtime is offered
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- *Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
•Important information: This position is recruited by a remote, national, Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Name: stacie howell