At Turtle & Hughes, we believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and that every customer can benefit from our holistic approach to provide the industry’s most comprehensive range of services and solutions. That is how we have earned our ranking among the nation’s largest independent electrical and industrial distributors.
When joining Turtle & Hughes, you are part of a team that is dedicated to best practices by adding value to customers across all components of the supply chain, from turnkey engineering and design to operational and logistical support.
Turtle & Hughes is seeking an experienced Industrial Switchgear Sales Manager to join the team in the Deer Park, TX location. In this role you will be responsible for managing and quoting industrial switchgear and motor control projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Working with Sales team to promote and close Industrial Switchgear and Control Opportunities
• Estimating all industrial switchgear projects.
• Proficiency in reading blueprints, one-lines and working with electronic bid management software to produce quotes.
• Must be organized and efficient to handle multiple projects in the bid stage and help manage projects after sale is made.
• Understanding the importance of deadlines and must organize bid schedule based on complexity and project due dates.
• Working well with branch manager, outside sales team and inside sales team in coordinating bids and managing projects.
• Accountability for timely completion and profitability of projects.
• Managing and coordinating with all parties involved in the order, both internal and external.
• Managing and maintaining vendor and customer relationships.
• Providing customer service that separates Turtle & Hughes from our competition in the market place.
• Following established standards and procedures for project reporting, communication, and documentation.
• Keeping detailed records on pricing quotes, change orders and all correspondence both internally and externally.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in the electrical business, must understand switchgear.
• Highly desirable to have experience working directly with electrical contractors, EPC's and OEM's
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Distribution preferred. Extensive experience may be substituted for degree.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Proven experience in people management.
• Proven experience in risk management.
• Must be highly organized, and extremely well versed in establishing customer relationships.
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes an ESOP, a 401(k) plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and a host of additional employee negotiated discounts.
Turtle and Hughes is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.
A substance screening and background check are conditions of employment.
Name: Erin Turtle