The Electrical Engineer is responsible for overseeing, and implementing assigned electrical projects as well as the financial success of the project and internal client. Interfaces with clients, coordinates with production, field technicians, and other contractors.
- Plans a preventative maintenance program for electrical equipment and assures that the program is followed accordingly through the operating department heads.
- Provides overall planning of the electrical distribution network throughout the plant.
- Provides written justifications for capital investment in electrical areas. On a project by project basis, initiates electrical engineering design and provides supervisory support to purchasing and installation personnel.
- Consults with plant personnel to provide engineering advice and knowledge to troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Establishes and updates critical parts and supplies list for all electrical equipment.
- Review Job Safety Analysis for electrical work areas and provides recommendations for salt work practices.
- Supervises electricians on “as required” basis and contractors. Responsible for all electrics projects.
- Reviews electrical power distribution system and controls and recommends improvements.
- Reviews maintenance requirements on each piece of equipment on the basis of past repair experience and the information provided by manufacturer and plans preventative maintenance accordingly.
- Schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to projects.
- Ensure the accuracy of project financial forecasts, which tie-in to project schedules. Perform vendor management duties as required.
- Research and review new technology and recommend cost reduction opportunities.
- Serves as a lead with IT/OT infrastructure, maintenance, and improvements as well as plant telecommunications.
- Provides instructions and guidance to supervisors, foreman, hourly employees, and engineering personnel.
- Exchange factual information with supervisory and hourly personnel to understand and develop an approach to assignments.
- Exchange complex engineering information and ideas requiring explanations, interpretations, and discussions with professional and managerial level personnel in administration, quality assurance, purchasing, accounting, domestic salt operation, engineering departments, contractors, vendors, consultants, State and Federal Inspectors.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of five years experience in electrical project management, electrical power distribution and material handling controls
- Knowledge/understanding of NFPA & NEC regulations/codes