Aerotek is currently hiring for a CAD Technician to join a multi-faceted firm that provides commercial and residential structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and architectural services.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a timely, accurate, cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail is
- Minimum 2 Year Degree from a Community College or Technical Trade School, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of structural drafting experience.
- Minimum of 2-5(Junior) or 5-10(Senior) years of related CAD experience;
- Proficient in the use of the latest version of AutoCAD for Architectural and Structural drawings.
- **Preferred but not required** Working knowledge of the latest version of REVIT for Architectural and Structural drawings required.
- Working knowledge of Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat or equivalent design software
- Ability to work with Architectural drawings provided by third party consultants
- Basic knowledge of 3D Civil Software, or equivalent drafting software for civil drawings and the desire and capability to obtain a working knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel desired
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Employees may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
The CAD Technician will be responsible for coordinating production efforts, managing resources, and facilitating quality control procedures across multiple offices. In addition, the CAD Technician will provide design drafting services of a complex and specialized nature using CAD Software for engineering and architectural projects with broad direction from Project Management. This position requires a high degree of effective communication with professional engineers, design professionals, contractors, and building owners. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, interpreting and applying applicable codes as well as evaluating alternative designs.
- Perform drafting services from simple to complex CAD, computer graphics, modeling, and related technical support services for base maps, concept and final plans.
- Assist project technicians to estimate CAD hours.
- Assist with the production of proposals and marketing materials as directed.
- Maintain CAD files, backups, adhering to file management procedures; maintain established project standards on all created and revised drawings; maintain related technical project files and documentation as directed. Maintain version and document controls required for projects. Adhere to SWE quality assurance/quality control protocols and document/drawing production standards. Operate and assist in the maintenance of equipment as directed.
- Ability to evolve a BIM system with continued education in this growing field.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Name: Shaquille Cooks