If you are an experienced Environmental Technician looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for an Environmental Technician. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as an Environmental Technician will include:
- Performs tasks involving analysis of samples, components and/or processes with minor engineering oversight for moderately complex activities.
- Develops route from the design community into factory manufacturing processes for implementation of new products and improvements.
- Work with maintenance and production personnel to provide support and troubleshooting of new product programs, equipment, processes or analytical problems.
- Develop, recommend and implement analytical or process changes needed to maintain or improve product quality on a tactical or strategic basis.
- Specifies tools and methods and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Monitors performance of manufacturing and/or test equipment and processes such as heat treatment, paint, robotics, etc and makes necessary modifications to maintain process and keep equipment working properly.
- Performs planning and estimating for new parts and/or programs to include generating cost for new parts and ordering necessary gages and tooling.
- Participates on project teams to leverage knowledge and experience while improving factory performance in safety, quality, cost and delivery.
As an Environmental Technician you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Visa sponsorship is not available, now or in the near future, for this position.
- Spill response follow-up lead for environmental
- Respond to onsite spills as needed
- Investigate and conduct RCAs on all significant reported spills
- Track reported spills for environmental metrics
- Chemical SDS coordinator
- Manage and keep current SDS system
- RCRA (Hazardous waste) compliance inspections
- CAA (air permit) audits
- Storm water and SPCC audits
- Weekly opacity observations of exhaust stacks
- Solid and hazardous waste audits
- Environmental audits
- Monthly PowerPoint preparation for operations environmental metrics
- 90-day (Hazardous waste storage areas) management
- Routine and/or non-routine environmental projects as assigned
Skill sets and experience required:
- Minimum of associate’s degree in a technical environmental or related field of study with some experience working in a manufacturing environment. Related degree to environmental engineering is desirable
- Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Calendar and Power Point
Additional skill sets and experience desired:
- Solid and hazardous (RCRA) waste compliance experience (1 plus years)
- Environmental industrial experience in a labor union environment
- SDS management
- Auditing experience
- Spill response experience
- Supplier management experience
- Air emission data management experience
- SharePoint website experience
As an Environmental Technician with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Environmental Technician Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Accounts Payables, Mortgage Experience Preferred, Strong Excel Skills
Name: Bartech Resumes