Industrial Manufacturing Engineer
We have partnered with a well-known and highly respected global manufacturer and service leader of pace-setting machines in their search for an Industrial Manufacturing Engineer. Our client has strong leadership, culture of inclusion, a highly recognizable brand name, and offers challenging work that fosters tremendous growth & development and advancement opportunities. We are seeking a highly motivated Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer who is interested in an opportunity that will involve wearing multiple hats and the ability to make decisions that directly impact the bottom line. The Industrial Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer will focus on performing rate calculations, time studies, material flow analysis, and plant floor layouts.
Objectives and Expected Accomplishments:
- You will provide Engineering support for production - improving current fixturing and coming up with new solutions and supporting operational improvements to address and reduce safety, quality, delivery and cost concerns
- You will support assembly and test opportunities for improvement
- You will help drive continuous improvement within the plant through collaboration of the Manufacturing Engineer Department and other cross-functional departments including leading and participating on project teams
Day in the Life:
- Soliciting, supporting, and addressing Continuous Improvement ideas generated from production areas
- Ensuring daily interaction with Quality, Production Supervision, and Supply Chain in conjunction with supporting production needs
- Checking all work on projects delegated including layouts, details, calculations, etc., for accuracy in support of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Support design for manufacturability and test with original designs or adaptations for fixtures and tooling.
- Preparing studies and reports for estimates, progress and evaluation
What makes this role exciting in this field, industry and/or compared to other companies?
- You will work with an experienced group of Industrial/Manufacturing Engineers regularly on projects who will also aid in your training and ongoing development toward operational excellence and continuous improvement
- You will utilize your collaborative working style to work cross-functionally with a diverse group on projects, but you will also work independently and drive the prioritization and multi-tasking of tasks and projects
- You will work closely with production floor to problem solve in support of day to day operations
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial/manufacturing engineering experience
- Strong understanding of Lean tools (error proofing, flow, 5S, takt time, Kanban, standard work, etc.)
- Strong desire for continuous improvement, driving for results, and innovation
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project), AutoCAD, and an ERP system
- Experience working in a manufacturing assembly and/or machining environment, tooling evaluation, supplier qualification, facilities engineering, new product introduction/development/launch processes and cost savings through improved processes/efficiencies preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present and discuss information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Self-motivated person with the drive to overcome barriers to change and take initiative with minimal management oversight
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is dedicated to being a preferred employer who provide a global environment with interactions to numerous cultures, career opportunities in diverse areas, a highly competitive benefit package, including a generous 401(K) plan, profit sharing, corporate wide bonus plan, educational assistance program, and monetary rewards through employee recognition programs. They look to hire people who value a positive work culture, want to be part of a winning team, and have a desire to learn and grow. Their culture of continuous improvement values hiring individuals that are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond. Please apply if you are interested in being considered.
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)