Senior Mechanical Engineer
Is responsible for the mechanical design and development of commercial security and door hardware products in a concurrent engineering environment; proto-typing, testing, and releasing products into production; conducting feasibility and cost analysis; and other support related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Designs and develops new security and door hardware products using CREO, Windchill document management and other 3D solid modeling software.
2. Collaboratively researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications and other data to evaluate feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
3. Collaboratively researches, designs, evaluates and maintains mechanical products, equipments, systems and processes to meet requirements.
4. Builds and evaluates prototypes for new and custom products.
5. Performs preliminary testing for new products using pre-manufacture grade parts, including custom proto-typing and prepared product documentation.
6. Assists with product testing with independent test labs and industry or government regulatory agencies as coordinated with Test Engineering.
7. Creates and maintains technical product documentation, including component specifications and exercises good judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods.
8. Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
9. Provides technical assistance to other departments, including Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Control, Customer Service, Production, etc.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
SECTION II - JOB DIMENSIONS
Provides general and technical information regarding mechanical design, operation and installation of commercial life safety and security devices.
Internal Contacts: Frequent contact with co-workers and other departments. Communication is via electronic communications, face-to-face and via telephone.
External Contacts: Contact with suppliers, agency engineers and customers regarding part fabrication, design specification and product performance.
RESPONSIBILITY: Supervision given, accountability, safety, budgeting, spending authority and confidentiality.
Primary responsibility is to develop and design new and existing commercial security and door hardware products which evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Job has significant impact on mechanical product design, testing and development.
DIFFICULTY: Judgment, initiative and decision-making.
Good judgment is necessary in selecting appropriate engineering methods, procedures or specific standards to follow in designing and proto-typing products, parts and assemblies. Initiative is required to develop, evaluate and improve processes.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Name: Samantha Baumann