Position Summary: This position will be responsible for helping track down and verify specific field information at USSC; involving pumps and pump structures. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for implementing proposed project planning and execution.
- Learn and understand field numbers and locations
- Help track down and verify specific field information at USSC; involving pumps and pump structures
- Implement proposed projects and execution
- Assist with oversight of design, installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance of farm irrigation and drainage pumping systems
- Assist with the overall operation, preventative repair, long term operation procedure and operations cost reduction
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a College/University majoring in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field
- Must have a basic operational proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, as well as knowledge of general office equipment, including, but not limited to: printers, fax machines, copiers, scanners and digital photography.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills by using open communication, relationship building, cultural diversity, time management and decision making skills.
- Must pass a Drug Test and other pre-employment background screening.
- Must successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee work is conducted in an environmentally controlled office atmosphere, using repetitive motions while seated in front of a computer for long periods of time
- May be expected to work in conditions which may be rainy, hot, humid, dusty, etc. depending on the weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Duties of this job are also performed outside in an agricultural environment.
- The job has intermittent periods during which mild physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or light equipment, some of which may be awkward.
- Work entails continuous exposure to such things as dust, fumes, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the farm including farm offices, tractor sheds, various farm equipment, etc.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary.
- Ability to safely work on an isolated farm location or in a location where work is being performed with minimal supervision
- Ability to move or handle various items throughout the farm generally weighing between 0-30 pounds. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.
Name: Kiara Dollar