Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. We offer competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt is seeking a Product Engineer to work onsite at John Deere’s facility in East Moline, IL. This is a contingent position forecasted for 1 year.
Within this role, you will:
- Plan, coordinate, and perform product design, testing and/or analysis work for assigned project
- Operate in a team environment and provide input to design solutions and participate in design reviews
- Analyze assignments and determine engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications; this may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations
- Develop and/or execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation
- Apply knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field
- Proficiency in Creo Parametric
- Proficiency in SAP
- Experience with cost and weight reduction engineering
- Experience with mobile or agricultural equipment design or manufacturing
*** This position is located in East Moline, IL. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense. ***
Must be available to work on W2 for Volt. No C2C or 3rd party vendors please.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
If you do not meet all the qualifications for this position, be sure to visit jobs.volt.com to find other available positions that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering field
Proficiency in Creo Parametric
Proficiency in SAP
Experience with cost and weight reduction engineering
Experience with mobile or agricultural equipment design or manufacturing