Job ID: 14267
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
AMETEK Rotron is the industry leader in the design, development, manufacture and through life support of high performance, high reliability AC and brushless DC Fans, Blowers and Cooling Systems. With over 25 product active families, we offer the widest available military and aerospace cooling product range in the world, along with a capability to use our field-proven core product baselines to create unique configurations - addressing system specific space, weight noise, power and system interface requirements.
We are currently seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer who will prepare and oversee a comprehensive EHS Program and processes to ensure employee and visitor safety and that the Company meets and exceeds all Local, State, and Federal mandated EHS programs and requirements.
- Provide professional EHS expertise and leadership to deliver a robust and sustainable EHS culture for the Business.
- Identify and assess risks throughout the facility and develop and implement sound control measures - consistent with a zero accidents/zero environmental incidents culture.
- Lead and manage all facility EHS programs and systems to ensure worker safety and compliance with all applicable USDOL OSHA Regulations, Directives and Local Emphasis Programs, US EPA and State regulatory agencies.
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop managers, supervisors and employees to achieve EHS objectives and to support individual employee EHS knowledge and development. Develop and implement training programs to ensure all workers have current EHS knowledge.
- Directly and through others, create and implement EHS practices, procedures, metrics, systems and structures to align with best practices and the USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulations.
- Regularly conduct Plant EHS audits and assess Plant EHS Risks. Identify and implement changes to mitigate any risk, improve facility EHS programs, increase the effectiveness of all EHS programs.
- Responsible for annual/periodic review of all EHS programs and is also responsible for industrial hygiene programs.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all EHS, USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory reports, logs and forms. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual EHS reports for use by Management, which document and communicate applicable EHS metrics and benchmarks.
- Is the primary contact with USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory agencies. Is the lead in the event of a significant site accident or environmental incident.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient allocation and use of all EHS resources. Supports the establishment and communication of the annual EHS business plan and operations budget.
- Responsible for the management of the site Safety Data Sheets for finished product. Support US DOT and International Hazmat shipping directives.
- Aligns EHS initiatives with the EHS and Corporate Compliance directives and programs including the Safety Management System. Reviews applicable Capital Projects to ensure each project meets/exceeds all EHS standards and requirements.
- Facilitates and assists AMETEK’s property insurance company by scheduling and participating in regular facility audits and follows up to address and implement corrective actions when deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree - Environmental, Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Applied Sciences, Engineering or similar major.
- 3–5 years of demonstrated EHS leadership and success in a manufacturing environment with an appropriate progression of increasing responsibility.
- Eligible to be certified as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Expertise and experience to use equipment designed to inspect, test, monitor, and measure environmental levels.
- Hands-on experience with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of EHS programs and systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Due to ITAR Restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Resident status is required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Sound analytic skills and decision-making capabilities, strong problem solving skills.
- Strong drive for results and execution capability; excellent strategic and tactical thinking.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve performance goals; Solid team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate as effectively on the shop floor as in the executive suite.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.