This opening is for a Senior Engineering Project Scheduler on an Aerospace New Product Development Program. The day-to-day duties will include:
- Developing new schedules based on aerospace project lifecycle events (e.g. Engineering V)
- Day-to-day Schedule Maintenance, Weekly status, and provisioning Schedule reports
- Maintaining resource loading and reports
- Coordinating with Program Management and functional teams to develop workarounds/recovery schedules
The Position Requires:
- 10+ years of hands on scheduling and expert knowledge of scheduling best practices
- Expert in, and the ability to perform: detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analyses, and the ability to make recommendations to solve problems
- Expert knowledge of the Aerospace New Product Development lifecycle including the understanding and ability to effectively plan and schedule aerospace project lifecycle events as well as the general sequence of events for aerospace engineering design and development projects
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft ProjectⓇ, including expert knowledge of and the ability to:
- Independently manage the development of schedules from end-to-end
- Resource loading and analysis
- Develop and suggest workarounds
- Schedule Metrics and Analysis
- Earned Value data tracking and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to build detailed, networked, and resource loaded Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in MS ProjectⓇ
- The IMS must be able to support Schedule, Technical Scope and Earned Value Management Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with multiple functional teams, supplier teams and the Program Manager to develop and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in MS ProjectⓇ
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and professional relationships with the functional team, supplier team and the Program Manager
- Demonstrated ability to develop reports and provide reporting to both company Executive Management and the customer
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain Resource and Earned Value Management processes/procedures
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft ExcelⓇ, WordⓇ, PowerPointⓇ, & VisioⓇ
* The receipt or submission of an application for employment with Program Control & Management does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment with Program Control & Management. Program Control & Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Challenging and Fast Paced Work Environment
Opportunities for Advancement into leadership roles, e.g. Client Site Management
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum Years of Experience in Aerospace: 10 years of applicable experience in program environment.
- Microsoft ProjectⓇ Experience: minimum of 10 years including developing resource loaded schedules and complex schedules.
- Microsoft ExcelⓇ Experience: expert understanding of Excel functions, pivot tables, and charts/graphs.
- Other Microsoft OfficeⓇ: Expert in WordⓇ, PowerPointⓇ, & VisioⓇ
Additional Skills / Qualifications:
- Certifications: PM, PMP or SP preferred
- Knowledge of aerospace industry.
- Recognized leader within peer group and a willingness to champion change in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with team members located across the globe.
- High bias for action and integrative thinking skills
The following are examples of the primary skills that the candidate has developed in order to prepare himself or herself for the Aerospace Senior Engineering Project Scheduler role:
- Thorough and expert understanding of Microsoft ProjectⓇ and other add-on tools, ability to perform schedule quality checks, critical path analysis, and Monte Carlo simulation on key milestones.
- Scheduling (Best Practices) - ability to master the use of a complex scheduling program. Superior ability to organize work flow from multiple and overlapping schedules.
- Ability to develop and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that facilitates and supports the integration of program Cost, Schedule, and Technical Requirements and that is well defined and properly linked and sequenced.
- Ability to work with engineering technical managers to create the program schedule and later to status schedules at the task level.
- Ability to schedule and facilitate weekly schedule review meetings for the purpose of updating status.
- Ability to execute the monthly cycle to create standard reports that support internal management and customer reviews.
- Capacity to analyze program status and recommend courses of action to the Program Manager.
- Aerospace New Product Development Life Cycle - thorough understanding of the product development life cycle and ability to recommend changes to recover or mitigate Cost, Schedule, and Technical performance.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) - possession of an understanding of the aerospace product development lifecycle and the ability to navigate it, leading others through the design & intent of NPI, and to drive the appropriate level of rigor & control.
- Scheduling (Risks) - thorough understanding of schedule risks, pitfalls, and weaknesses including ability to recognize issues at a glance and with add-on tools.
- Critical Path Analysis - thorough understanding of critical path analysis and how to work the schedule to mitigate risk, recover schedule delays, and add robustness.
- Risk Management - thorough understanding of the risk management process.
- Develop and Interpreting Metrics - thorough understanding of how to develop and interpret metrics including understanding what drives the trends.
- Leading Indicators - thorough understanding of how to establish and read leading indicators using historical trends.
- Earned Value - thorough understanding of all EV metrics and trend analysis (interpretations, calculations, limitations).
- Advanced Analysis - demonstrated ability to perform advanced analysis and make program recommendations based on information from the analysis.
- Effective Relationship Building - ability to effectively build professional relationships and rapport across functional teams, including with Project Managers, to facilitate effective communication and organization
- Effective Communication - ability to effectively facilitate cross functional meetings & communicate, structure, execute, and disposition day-to-day programmatic issues.
- Effective Organization - effective meeting organization through the setting of clear meeting objectives & agenda, understanding of who needs to be engaged, ability to maintain control of the discussion to achieve the desired outcome, and possessing the organization & leadership skills to follow through & drive closure.
- Talent to convey complex subject matter clearly and engagingly.
- Problem Solving Ability - ability to identify and quickly resolve complex issues.
- Ability to assess risk/challenges/impact and recommend solutions and options. This includes solid root cause analysis, driving corrective action plans to closure, effective engagement, communication & influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Integrative Thinker - ability to coordinate, coalesce, and summarize inputs of others for presentation to all levels in order to drive understanding & resolve complex issues.
- Leadership Impact - demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to lead project teams to establish and maintain master schedule baselines (PMB) including "what-if" scenarios to simulate multiple paths to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Thorough understanding of all Scheduling, EV tools, scorecards, and dashboards