GCS Quality Engineer
GCS Quality Engineer will provide expertise and guidance for quality improvement for facilities and Gas and Chemical Systems (GCS), safety standards and improvements for those systems that supply the manufacturing facility. Engineer will interact with on-site contractor teams and local design/construction teams. Engineer will investigate current facility systems and provide recommendations to peer engineers and contracted technicians to embrace a continuous improvement approach while communicating progress updates as requested.
This position will be on B shift (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Saturday 6pm-6am with a 16% shift premium)
- Equipment and systems monitoring, analysis, and reporting including sustaining operations, maintenance, and process & equipment improvements.
- Direction and oversight of a large embedded contractor technician staff.
- Evaluation of process requirements and specification of all GCS delivery systems as required.
- Daily interface with FAB engineering providing technical analysis, support, supply issue resolution, and stops and starts as required.
- BS degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, or related technical field
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills required to interface with stakeholders across the SAS Facilities, Engineering, Contract Gas & Chemical/Gas/Slurry Operations, and Construction organizations to sustain regular operations.
- The candidate must be familiar with data analysis related to flow rates, pressures, and consumption trends.
- The candidate be able to perform data analysis related to systems capacity and schedule and cost of expansion for report outs, presentations, and approval reports.
- >5 years of chemical/gas/slurry delivery systems operations experience; semiconductor facility support preferred
- Familiarity with chemical/gas/slurry systems troubleshooting and strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience in managing and leading projects including design/specification, bidding, and field coordination
- Aptitude for documentation and data analysis
- Fab engineering experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to work overtime / on non-scheduled days as required
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With over 2500 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
What we offer:
- Ample training and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO policy starting at 4 weeks
- Employer paid health insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Onsite gym, basketball court, and soccer field
- Subsidized cafeteria meals
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Name: Megan Burmeister