An Aerospace Application Engineer (AE) is responsible for working directly with aircraft manufacturers, component OEMs, and aerospace MROs to specifying products per the customer’s application parameters, creating formal proposal packages for presentation to customers, preparing of custom sealing and bearing designs as a result of a customer request, and providing technical support for Aerospace customers and TSS sales engineers.
An Aerospace Application Engineer supports inside and outside sales with product selection and project management functions, developing engineering and sales tools, and analysis of the aerospace market.
The Aerospace Application Engineer (AE) reports to the aerospace Application Engineering Manager with overall responsibility to the General Manager of Global Aerospace Distribution.
- Developing engineering and sales tools
- Supporting market analysis
- Maintaining commercial tools
- Recommend/Specify products per customer application parameters
- Creation of custom seal and bearing designs and design requests
- Prepare proposal drawings, sales drawings, and inspection drawings or sketches per standard Aerospace Central Engineering CODs
- Combine proposal drawings and supporting data in a formal package for presentation to customers
- Provide technical assistance to customers and sales personnel
- Prepare and present aerospace product training seminars to customers
- Travel to customer facilities, both domestically and internationally, to provide technical support and training
- Develop strategic plans to gain and grow activity with identified customers or markets
- Utilize seal design programs, computer software, and our laboratory to develop and compile performance data on existing and new seal products
- Respond to technical questions regarding product performance and installation
- Complete engineering projects and review other engineers’ projects to exceed customer expectations and deadlines
- Create and review results of the test and FEA data generated by TSS R&D or customers along with the creation of detailed test reports for use to support seal and bearing recommendations
- Solve field performance problems
- Keep technically abreast of product developments/testing with Trelleborg Sealing Solutions and related industries
- Assist in trade shows
- Creation of tools or documentation used within the Aerospace Central Engineering aimed at ease of doing business and continuous improvement.
- Engineering duties for the Aerospace Central Engineering Application Engineering Manager and General Manager of Global Aerospace Distribution as required
- Perform other duties as required, supporting the company’s legitimate business goals
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required. Degree area in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related discipline preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to program and create Microsoft Excel tools
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to handle and prioritize dynamic workload
- Ability to self-manage and successfully work without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Travel - 50%
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
Last application date
Who to contact
External Applicant: https://careers-trelleborg.icims.com
Internal Employees: https://internal-trelleborg.icims.com
Name: Brianna Barker