DRAGADOS is a subsidiary of ACS Group, a global infrastructure development company that leads the ENR ranking of International Contractors.
We not only encourage personal growth and a career path designed by each employee we hire, we surround you with a great team to assure diversity and success.
Along with our partners, we have the necessary size, resource base and expertise to take on the comprehensive design and management of large infrastructure projects from conception to completion.
The Joint Venture including Dragados USA (42%), VINCI (33%), and Flatiron Constructors (25%) has been awarded with a $3.3B design-build contract for the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, which is the largest construction contract awarded in the history of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
Position Summary / Objective:
Plans, develops and organizes the design efforts for the projects. Provide administrative and technical support and direction of design.
Principal / Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, plan, design, and administer engineering design project applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes and building materials.
- Function as the primary contact coordinating the resolution of problems, reviewing progress, recommending alternatives and advising on project objectives.
- Develop or evaluate plans/criteria or special analyses required in support of the design effort. Provide consulting expertise within an area of specialization.
- Capture all site feedback on deliverables and provide results back to client's off-site engineers
- Efficiently completing various engineering projects maintaining primary focus on high quality and safety
- Assisting the project manager with the planning, organization and management of the day to day project operations.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Project Contacts, track subcontractor & supplier paperwork, subcontractor and suppliers contact information, owners representatives contact information and any other contact information pertinent to the project.
- Attend job site meetings, if necessary, and take meeting minutes.
- Oversee the project close out process. Obtain the required documents from subcontractors/suppliers. Prepare and submit close out documents as required in contract specs.
- Prepare shop drawings, coordination drawings, or proposal drawings using AutoCAD.
- Assist in preparation of as-built drawings using Adobe PDF and/or BlueBeam.
- Prepare general correspondence when necessary.
- Act as secondary support to answering phones in a professional and timely manner and take accurate messages when needed.
- Assist with reception desk activities in the event the receptionist is busy or out of the office.
- Be aware of meetings/appointments on calendars and remind if necessary.
- Persistent follow up on all items requested from subcontractors/suppliers in order for the project to progress as scheduled.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Minimum of eight years design engineering experience.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others is essential.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required
- Broad generalized knowledge of personnel safety, process safety, and environmental principles / regulations.
- 10-15 year experience on a similar role in Design- Build Projects
- Experience in construction and design of Temporary works in support to final design
- Analytical ability of structures and geotechnical calculations
- Project management and administrative skills necessary to plan, organize, coordinate, and control the development and execution of many projects – including cost and schedule control.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of a structured project management or project development and execution process a plus.
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills to identify alternatives to challenges presented and select the most appropriate solution with minimal guidance or precedence.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.
Dragados USA Inc., in an Equal Opportunity Employer