Job ID: 15390
Manages and administers materials management functions including production control planning, purchasing, MRO, inventory control, stockroom and shipping/receiving. Providing focus and direction on continuous improvement in quality, delivery, cost reduction, inventory reduction and support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements.
• Plan and oversee timely flow of materials through production cycle to minimize customer order past due and ensure on time delivery to customer.
• Manage policies, procedures and material control systems.
• Offer technical expertise to cross functional project teams.
• Mentor, develop and review personnel to meet functional objectives.
• Negotiate and administer supplier contracts.
• Develop procurement strategies for Raw Materials and Machined Components to drive down costs.
• Analyze and manage appropriate reports including blanket P.O. reports, supplier performance reports, MRP exception reports and open P.O. reports to ensure on-time material availability and proper inventory levels.
• Continual Improvement activities within Material and Production Control areas.
• Maintain and monitor MRP parameters.
• Interface with Sales Department in addressing customer pull, push and cancellation.
• Interface with Machine Shop, Production, Quality Assurance and Engineering to achieve the smooth flow of materials and services.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Materials Management.
• Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment with preference on Aerospace.
• Experience working and managing the purchasing and planning department
• Able to generate reports, investigate and resolve problems using problem solving tools and methodologies.
• Ability to work under pressure conditions in an environment of changing priorities.
• Excellent understanding and working experience with MRP/ERP systems
• Strong computers skills (word, excel, power point)
• Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or related experience and/or training.
• CPIM and/or CPM certification are a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.