Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Ave
Leeds, AL 35094
Product Engineer with focus on Medium and High Voltage switchgear, will lead and participate in research and sustaining engineering for distribution, substation, and transmission market products. The Engineer will lead the commercialization process of new products from idea generation through product launch. The Engineer will also lead design to value projects within medium and high voltage switchgear.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage research, sustaining and new product development projects in the area of Medium - High Voltage and market switchgear.
- Work with marketing team members to assess customer feedback and align customer feedback to product development.
- Lead design to value projects to drive efficiency in current product designs
- Create, develop and evaluate new product design concepts following ANSI, IEC and IEEE standards.
- Conduct design for manufacturability events.
- Coordinate and perform experiments to test and verify product design.
- Track progress and action items for ongoing design projects.
- Participate in kaizen improvement events.
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis for product enhancement.
- Attend seminars and conferences to be up-to-date on high voltage switchgear technology
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Engineering
- 5+ years of prior Engineering work experience in manufacturing or design or combination of both
- Must have experience and knowledge in testing and/or product development.
- Must have strong mechanical design background using strength of materials
- Must have strong experience working with test lab equipment
- Must have demonstrated project management experience
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience in FEA, Solid Modeling (AutoDesk Inventor), and rapid prototyping
- Experience in High Voltage Switchgear
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.