Honda power equipment products are assembled at 11 Honda manufacturing facilities around the world, including Honda Power Equipment Mfg., Inc., located in Swepsonville, North Carolina. Primary products manufactured in NC include general purpose engines, lawnmowers, snow blowers, generators, tillers, string trimmers, water pumps, and transmissions. General facility operations include die-casting, machining, injection molding, assembly, part sourcing, and testing.
Test Engineer – Quality Engineering Department
As a Test Engineer in the Quality Engineering Department, you will be responsible to support product testing and overall quality in the production and development of globally competitive products. The ideal candidate for this position would be a HANDS ON engineer with a proven aptitude for problem solving and the ability to bring fresh ideas to improve company quality and profitability.
Daily Roles and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Quality Project Leader for new model, value added, cost down, and process improvement projects to increase profit and overall quality to Honda’s power equipment product line.
- Planning, organizing, and leading domestic and international trips to verify mass production market quality / durability.
- Implement detailed test plan to ensure overall market quality through simulated and real world testing.
- Establish key quality points during new model development working with R&D and suppliers to bring products to market. These points are to be reflected into factory issued Quality Standards.
- Present project summaries and test reports via Power Point to technical evaluators, both in the US and in Japan. Strong presentation skills are preferred.
- Design and budget for assembly and fixtures as well as test automation fixtures using CAD, LabVIEW, microprocessor control, hand fabrication (machining, welding, hand tools).
- Quality assurance visits to domestic and international suppliers to ensure manufacturing methods are in line with Honda standards.
- Background should include strong problem solving skills and proven ability to work independently or in a team environment. Daily hands on work in a testing environment is expected and required.
- Proficient PC skills required: Excel, PowerPoint, Word Solidworks
- Desired PC skills: LabView, V8, ladder logic, C++, or any other programming language that would benefit fast-paced solutions.
- Travel domestically / internationally is required, with an open-minded attitude towards learning from other cultures / engineering principles.
- Willingness to participate in training courses to improve technical job sills.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills required.
- Engineering degree of the following type: BSME / MET / BSCS / BSAE / BSIE / BSEE and previous co-op / internship experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Constantly on feet
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.