Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2018, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Plant Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer will provide chemical, metallurgical & process engineering input at daily production and process review meetings, determine process improvements, resolve daily manufacturing shop floor technical issues, and conduct root cause analysis of process issues. Major focus will be quality and yield improvement requiring daily shop floor presence on the plating floor, troubleshooting manufacturing problems and working closely with supervisors, leads, and machine operators. This role will have will have an integral role in leading or participating in capital projects. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Apply six sigma/lean manufacturing principles to product and process development and problem analysis.
- Utilize statistical analysis of process capabilities
- Provide manufacturing floor technical support for Plating
- Define process yield and run/set-up time standards
- Conduct root cause investigations including laboratory analysis of both internal non-conformances and external (customer) complaints
- Lead or participate in capital projects as assigned
- Assist key customers (worldwide) with technical issues/opportunities
- Complete required documents for “Yellow Sheets”, this includes Process Sheet, SAP Standards, SAP data entry and purchasing requirements
- Develop accurate SAP Standards that includes yield and production rates to track variances and assist in costing
- BS in Industrial, Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of previous experience in a metals plating manufacturing environment
- Ability to resolve technical issues on the manufacturing floor
- Strong understanding of manufacturing process equipment & tooling
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working understanding of application of statistical methods for problem solving and for process and product improvement.
- Proficient in use of computer software – database, spreadsheet and statistical packages.