Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) is a continuously evolving, synthetic environment generator that models threat and friendly aircraft, ground units, ships, submarines, and associated weapons, sensors, and subsystems. The system is currently used to support Test and Evaluation (T&E), Training, and Research and Development (R&D). The NGTS team is currently engaged with multiple Government and DoD RDT&E training and distributed operations centers to continuously develop and update the NGTS software suite.
The NGTS consists of the following components:
• Battle Monitor
• Simulation Engine
• Behavior Editor
• Parametric Data Editor
• Player Editor
• Live, Virtual, Constructive Recorder
• Expanded Map & Terrain Creation Features
• Assists in designing, modifying, developing, and writing applications and software using C++ code
• Assists in supporting and/or installing software applications
• Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software
• Provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• BS in a relevant technical discipline and 5 yrs experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience designing and developing Object Oriented C++ applications on both Linux and Windows environments
• Experience developing code in a team environment-Self motivation and the ability to work with little daily oversight
• Superior analytical skills to apply to problem solving
• Active SECRET clearance
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Familiarity with and proficiency in C, C++, C#, VHDL, Verilog, LynxOS, VxWorks, RTLinux, Linux, real-time operating systems, test-driven development, scrum methodology, agile development, object-oriented programming / OOP, embedded systems, and embedded software development
• Experience developing client-server implementations is a plus
• Awareness and purpose of middleware applications such as CORBA and Open DDS
• Knowledge of design patterns and why they may be used
• Familiarity of Software Engineering Life Cycle Models
• Ability to apply requirements to design and implementation
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled