Position Title: Program Manager Senior (Aerospace)
Work Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Program Manager Senior provides support in planning and managing of programs to include tracking and management of technical and programmatic risk, requirements management, and day-to-day oversight and management of program cost, schedule, and performance. The candidate will work within a cohesive team environment and is responsible for strategic and effective planning, initiating, and managing technology projects. The Program Manager leads and guides the work of a technical staff, serving as a liaison between multiple stakeholders completing technical aspects of projects, planning project stages and assessing technical implications for each stage. In addition, the candidate shall monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and targets are met satisfying the customers mission needs. This individual ensures that technical demands and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, customers, and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess current or future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods
- Adheres to strict security constraints meeting customer requirements
- Implement acquisition processes to meet program milestones
- Review and develop implementation plans that include technical analysis meeting mission objectives
- Provide technical planning and strategic thinking across space enterprise portfolio
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 15+years of experience in Program Management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Applied Physics, Cybersecurity, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard
- DoD experience preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Must have a Top-Secret clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Position requires a Top-Secret clearance
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Name: Galapagos, LLC