Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
We have a need for a senior level engineer to support the National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NESDIS is responsible for the procurement of new flight and ground systems and the modification of existing systems needed to operate the satellites, and to collect, process, distribute, and store satellite data for the nation’s civilian environmental satellite (spacecraft and sensor) program.
The GOES (Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite) Program Office is seeking a senior level engineer to provide Ground Station Engineering Support. The selected engineer will provide expert level consulting in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. The selected engineer should be a recognized as technical leader and resource. She/he will recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Will be responsible for all internal activities and product development and be able to demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. May provide consultation on complex projects and will be considered to be the top level contributor/specialist on the task.
The selected Engineer will provide expertise in ground station engineering to support full lifecycle system engineering activities. Specific duties to include:
- Site surveys including performance and documentation of survey.
- Ground segment requirements development to address site survey information and constraints.
- Requirements flow-down and traceability to system requirements.
- Verification and validation of ground requirements.
- Requires BS Degree in engineering and 10+ years experience in engineering or a MS Degree in engineering and at least 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Requires experience performing ground segment requirements development
- Requires expert level knowledge of design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Experience with satellite systems or ground systems is desired
- Must be eligible for a Public Trust Security clearance.