REPORTING TO: (Engineered Solutions) Director – Chemicals, Environment, & Technical Solutions
• As a member of the Engineering Solutions Group, based in Southern California, the Applications Engineer will play a key role in the growth of the business unit through the technical sale, design and installation of the company’s applications equipment / systems to the refining, pulp and paper, and chemicals market areas. With a focus on Safety, Efficiency and Reliability, both internally and externally, this position will be focused on providing company customers with support and development of complete engineered process solutions, including products / services, technology and equipment in the fields of inerting, industrial cryogenics and water treatment to drive sales. The candidate will be working from Sacramento, Long Beach, Santa Fe Springs - Bay Area or LA Basin areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Understand technical processes for specific industrial applications and have the ability to diagnose and develop a value proposition utilizing the company’s solutions and equipment to these specific applications. Primary applications are inerting, industrial cryogenics, and water treatment in the refining, pulp & paper, and chemicals market areas.
· Proactive technical sales support and business development to the company’s Regional business unit sales groups using individual’s process knowledge, industry experience and applications background.
· Work with local sales team to find leads through business development techniques and prepare and present technical and value-based proposals to company prospects/customers.
· Individual will be involved in all aspects of customer relationship from initial contact, customer/prospect problem identification, applications/equipment selection, data analysis, equipment/system development and proposal, equipment specification/manufacturing, start-up and long term customer support and application marketing.
· New product/application identification and development.
· Interface internally with regional account managers, bulk gas specialists, equipment engineers and marketing and externally with customers and equipment vendors.
· Familiar with wide variety of standard concepts, practices and procedures within industry and related applications. Extensive knowledge of gas properties and thermodynamics
· Relies on extensive experience and judgement to accomplish goals.
· Creates training material and conducts training sessions for internal and external customers
· Wide degree of creativity and latitude based on experience.
· May assist in development, oversight and training of Equipment Engineers and Applications Engineers
· Other duties may be assigned.