ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Issue bills of materials, drawings, and ECN’s to production and purchasing departments.
• Assist sales department to determine applicable specifications and estimate costs for new inquiries.
• Review previous designs and releases and update to incorporate new designs.
• Create new designs for customer specific change requests.
• Assist purchasing department with vendor quotations and related questions.
• Travel to customer locations as necessary to support sales and service efforts.
• Assist aftermarket sales to determine applicable designs and part numbers for legacy equipment.
• Assist service personnel with technical information required during commissioning of equipment.
• Coordinate and manage engineering time spent on each project vs. budgeted allotment.
• Perform service work including inspections, installations and startups on an occasional basis, as back-up to service group.
• Conduct business and represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Strengthen department capabilities and leadership presence by undertaking challenging projects and seeking training opportunities.
• Minimum of two years experience designing and analyzing PLC control systems.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• Thorough understanding of 24VDC, 120VAC, 240VAC, and 480VAC electrical circuits, in both single and three phase.
• Ability to manage time and priorities.
• Ability to work in a team environment on multiple tasks.
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of NEC codes.
• Experience with advanced PLC control design.
• Experience with AC and DC motor control.
• Experience with customer service.
• Experience with AutoCAD ElectricalTM.
• Experience with hydraulic design.
• Travel up to 15% - both domestically and abroad.
• Ability to supervise work crews.
Name: Tom Connors