Environmental Field Technician
We are currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Environmental Field Technician in our Indianapolis office.
This position involves an interesting variety of outdoor and industrial cleanup work, such as emergency spill cleanup of fuel and hazardous materials, soil and groundwater sampling and cleanup, underground tank cleaning and removal, drum sampling, site restoration, and landscaping. This position involves manual labor, such as shoveling and lifting in both cold and hot conditions. Prior environmental or contractor experience preferred but not required.
- Normal work hours are 7am to 4pm M-F.
- Most work locations in Central Indiana.
- Some travel and out-of-town overnight stays may be required.
- Starting pay based on experience and qualifications.
The work day is different every day. We perform work for numerous large and small industries and businesses in Central Indiana, providing an opportunity to observe a variety of industrial processes and meet a variety of people. We frequently work with fire departments, DNR, and state and county environmental offices.
- Indiana drivers license
- Clean driving and criminal records
- High school diploma
- Flexible schedule consistent with 24-hour on-call and work hours may vary
- Must pass post-offer drug screen, background check, and physical
- Must be able to lift wieghts up to 70 pounds.
- Prior Hazmat training or environmental experience desirable, not required.
We will provide training for this position. Completion of a 40-hour hazardous waste and emergency response course is the basic beginning course.
We feel the type of person fit for this position should enjoy the outdoors, have a good work ethic, have experience at hard work (such as farm work), be in good physical condition, have good common sense, be mechanically inclined, have good driving skills, as well as good client communication skills and good writing skills for field report writing, log books, etc.
Environmental Remediation Services (ERS) is a professional full-service firm offering a wide range of services in the environmental consulting and contracting field.
We have been in business since 1991 and are a small company with three offices in Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, and Maumee, Ohio. Fort Wayne is our "corporate headquarters."
Excellent Full-Time Benefits:
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Paid training
- Overtime pay after 40 hours per week
- Life insurance
- Friendly small company atmosphere
Interested in an opportunity with a leading environmental services company in Indiana?
Interested individuals please APPLY ONLINE, fax resume to (317) 247-6126, or mail to:
5747 W Raymond St
Indianapolis, IN 46241
No Phone Calls or Walk-Ins Please
Equal Employment Opportunity
FAX: (317) 247-6126