RBC Transport Dynamics, located in Santa Ana, CA, is a division of RBC Bearings. We are an international manufacturer and marketer of engineered precision plain, roller and ball bearings. Our customers are classified into three principal categories: diversified industrial, aerospace and defense.
We are currently looking for a Design and Applications Engineer to join our team.
Some essential responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical and analytical support internally and externally.
- Work with customers to resolve technical problems.
- Responsible for the conceptual design engineering of new products and special products.
- Provide technical consultation on product design, application and service problems, quality deviations and material and parts substitution.
- Functions as an engineering consultant to manufacturing on problems related to the manufacture of bearing and related products.
- Provides product design requirements to product design engineers and designers assigned to specific projects.
- Responsible for reviewing and checking new product designs prior to customer or manufacturing release.
- Must be able to travel (domestic and international) 10% of the time.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related engineering field and a minimum 5 years of experience in design, mechanical design, application related analysis or manufacturing methods and/or related engineering activities, or a combination of education and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required to complete outlined responsibilities.
Also requires experience in Drafting methods, print generation / checking and issuance.
Desirable: Experience working with aerospace fasteners, and components.
Knowledge of design principles and practices; mechanical design principles and practices; geometric dimensioning and tolerancing; company products and manufacturing processes.
Familiarity with and ability to interpret customer and industry standards and specifications;
Familiar with Solidworks, CATIA.
Able to analyze data to make decisions relative to product performance and manufacturing; able to create and make technical presentations; and communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Must have knowledge of Database Software, Design Software, Internet Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing software.
RBC Bearings is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Due to ITAR requirements, candidates must be an US Person.
Please submit resumes through: