ESG Automotive is the go-to source for electrical engineering consulting in the automotive industry. Join ESG Automotive’s team and help create the technology of tomorrow.
Job Title: Embedded Platform Software Architect and Software Lead
Location: Dearborn, MI
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the architectural design and technical execution and development of an infotainment platform
- Review the existing s/w architecture of an infotainment platform and identify opportunities for near / far term improvements (including architectural, scalability, maintenance, performance, stability, security, etc.)
- Develop and maintain infotainment architectural requirements for internal s/w components, communication to external s/w components, modules, etc.
- Effectively communicate complex architectural and development concepts for technical and non-technical audiences to meet the architectural and business objectives.
- Participate in root cause analysis of hardware quality problems and software defects
- Provide technical guidance by hosting and/or attending Technical Design Reviews with appropriate internal / external teams
- Participate in code reviews, product strategy discussions, prototype to production concepts with technology partners, and platform/system testing
- Guide development teams in leveraging appropriate Agile concepts (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
- Make appropriate trade-offs between balancing the technical risks vs. reward while maintaining agreed upon delivery schedule.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off package including Vacation, Personal/Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Dynamic place to work with variety of projects
- Strong work/life balance
- Opportunity for growth
Let the innovative developments and newest technologies in the world of electronics captivate you.
ESG Automotive Inc. is a sound and steadily growing company. As part of the ESG Group, it is able to offer committed employees the professional environment of an internationally active company with locations in the USA and Europe. For five decades, the ESG Group has been developing, integrating and selling electronics and IT systems and is regarded as a high-tech company for technology transfer between different markets.
Due to our broad range of customers and our activities in future-oriented industries, we offer challenging tasks and activities. Technology and consulting are entwined in all areas of our business. Shorter chains of communication and an open corporate culture make for a straightforward and pleasant working environment in which our employees are able to grow and develop.
As we operate in the high-tech sector, we place particularly high demands on our employees: In addition to solid specialist knowledge and industry experience, we are looking for professional and quality-oriented individuals who are customer-oriented and are able to quickly integrate in multi-disciplinary teams.
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- 5+ years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 3+ years’ experience architecting software for an embedded platform
- 3+ years experience software development experience for Android
- Excellent communication skills including experience in translating technical details to non-technical teams.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- Mastery of C/C++ language, GNU tool chain, and Unix (QNX, Linux, or equivalent)
- Experience with embedded build systems including QNX system builder, buildroot, yocto, or equivalent
- Proficiency with revision control including Git, Subversion, or equivalent
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent
- 3+ years Multi-site software project team experience
- 7+ years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms