Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Location: Chicago, IL area
Compensation: $85,000- 100,000k+
Benefits: OUTSTANDING benefits package, rich 401K, full relocation, and more!
Degree: Bachelors (Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental)
Certifications: (Preferred) Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
About our Client:
Our client, a $7.8B leader of innovative food service packaging solutions – manufactures cups, plates, containers, lids and straws made from such materials as expanded polystyrene foam, solid polystyrene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and paper.
The company has 45 Plants world-wide and is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager at their Greater Chicago area facilities - overseeing 600+ employees.
As the EHS Manager you will play a key role bringing knowledge of safety programs, OSHA regulations and hands on experience with good manufacturing practices (GMP). Additionally, our client needs someone with elevated communication skills to work with a strong team of experienced managerial leaders and a collaborative mindset to work with new production employees.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Health & Safety professional to be a part of a dynamic group leading and managing Environmental, Health & Safety at a beautiful state-of-the-art facility.
- Comply with good manufacturing practices (GMP) as required.
- Comply with company's policies and procedures.
- Help maintaining environmental compliance to newest environmental standards
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations. This includes written programs, record keeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, training and medical surveillance per guidelines. Maintain compliance with air, water (NPDES and Storm Water) and radiation permit. Perform required inspections and audits per permit requirements.
- Directs, develops and delivers environmental safety and health training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility.
- Manages EHS programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
- Develops, implements and coordinates all Industrial Hygiene activities including non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal and infectious waste disposal.
- Develops, implements and coordinates all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs. This includes all required training, recordkeeping, monitoring and reporting programs and results.
- Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates.
- Ensures all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved.
- Facilitate and lead Plant Safety and sub-team committees. This includes providing support with incident investigations and Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis.
- Provides support to and works with local Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker’s Compensation and Early Return to Work Program.
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or other science field is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment leading EH&S issues required.
- Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certifications preferred.
- Experience in managing/handling compliance issues (STORM WATER/AIR) permitting for all media, manufacturing operations, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
- Experience with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law and prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program.
- Microsoft Word skills to include create reports containing graphs and other intermediate functions.
- Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create and generate spreadsheets. Microsoft PowerPoint skills to include the ability to create and generate presentations.
- Email system (i.e. MS Outlook) skills to include the ability to send, open and save attachments.
- Strong communication, leadership, training, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work weekends as needed.
About The River Group
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.