APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST
Leadership, Innovation, Solutions, Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids and cyclo-olefin plastics for today's advanced medical and electronic applications.
Primary role of this position is to develop new applications for Zeon polymers; develop projects in the area of elastomer specialty making recommendations to customers and ZCLP management. The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the team working with both internal and external customers, and with a significant amount of latitude for action and decision-making. Reports to the Business Manager, Hydrin.
• Develop new applications for Zeon polymers and provide technical insight to R&D for developing new polymers driven by market need
• Regularly interact and work with customers, technical staff, production personnel, sales, marketing and all other areas of the organization
• Identify new applications by market research and knowledge
• Plan, conduct and direct complex projects of major importance, analyze results and make recommendation to customers and Zeon Management
• Contribute to the preparation, presentation and follow-up of applications development projects.
Zeon offers growth opportunities, a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision. Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply online at: www.zeonchemicals.com
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
• Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Polymer Chemistry or Polymer Engineering
• Possess 3 to 10 years’ experience in a hands-on technical role within the rubber industry
• Possess rubber processing understanding with working experience and knowledge of rubber compounding/vulcanization chemistry
• Proven and demonstrated project management skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Motivated & self-directed to successfully complete & deliver project& assignment results
• Able to travel above 20%, domestically and internationally
-Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Polymer Chemistry/Engineering
Name: Maxine Palmer