ARDEX is the global key player in the manufacturing and development of high-performance specialty building materials, leading the industry with consistent product innovation for the most complex installations including concrete repair and resurfacing, substrate preparation, flooring installation, and tile and stone installation materials.
We are immediately hiring for an ARCHITECTURAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE, TILE AND STONE INSTALLATION SYSTEM, to work with our NEW YORK METRO sales team. This is a field position operating out of a home office base, with a preferred home base in the NEW YORK CITY vicinity. 80% of time will be spent developing business with Architects and General Contractors around MANHATTAN / NEW YORK CITY, focusing on driving specifications for ARDEX's line of tile and stone installation products and systems. Occasional overnight territory travel.
As ARCHITECTURAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE. you will work with the NEW YORK Sales team, by focusing on winning specification and project opportunities for ARDEX products. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working independently while partnering with the team, possess an "entrepreneurial" spirit, and a passion for the industry.
Must have demonstrable experience of calling on the Architectural community, together with experience of tile and stone installation products and systems.
- Identify and secure ARDEX product specifications for construction projects with Architects, Specifiers, Designers, Engineers, National Accounts and other end-users.
- Obtain appointments and conduct meetings/presentations to various persons or firms with the goal of driving sales opportunity through specification acquisition.
- Support the designated Sales Region(s) by providing necessary product training, sales training, distributor training, specification sales and marketing support.
- Call on and support the ARDEX Preferred Partner, Choice Distributor network. This includes product training, sales training and working with their dedicated Architectural Sales group on a regular basis.
- Support the International Projects & Specification Services team. Identify IPSS project opportunities through new and existing architectural, design, and engineering accounts. Provide presentations and miscellaneous support for the IPSS team when required.
- Effectively utilize lead provision software and ARDEX CRM system to identify, communicate, and track account and project opportunities for all other ARDEX products as appropriate. Update CRM daily and provide a full detailed CRM activity report on a weekly basis.
- Exhibit at regional and national Architectural and industry related tradeshows and help develop effective tradeshow displays, promotional flyers, print advertisements and direct mail pieces with support from Marketing.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years outside sales or architectural sales experience is essential
- Familiar with architectural specifications and construction design elements is essential
- Experience with tile and stone installation products and systems is essential
- Must demonstrate a high level of energy and enthusiasm for the business and be customer driven and professional
- Excellent analytical, organizational, listening and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively present in front of large groups
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Systems, Outlook and the Internet is essential
- Must be able to travel throughout assigned territory up to 20% including some overnight
- Must possess a current, valid and unexpired driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (on occasion) with a carrying capability of 50 pounds
- Minimum four (4) year college degree or greater is preferred, or Associates Degree with relevant industry work experience
- Industry competitive compensation, excellent benefits package to include Paid Time off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays, car allowance, company phone and laptop, 401K match, Vision, Medical, Dental, flexible work initiatives, tuition reimbursement program (up to $5,500 annually), reduced gym memberships, pet insurance & more!
About ARDEX: Want to put your career on a solid foundation
As a family-owned company, our employees are the foundation of what we do, and enjoy a culture that promotes team-spirit, innovation, and excellence in all we do. ARDEX employs nearly 400 people in North America, and over 3,000 worldwide. Our corporate offices are in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, 20 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport, and serves our U.S., Canada, and Latin America businesses.
Name: Carla Pratt