- Direct production operations for the plant.
- Coordinate the tactical daily functional activities at the site including production, maintenance, quality, logistics, and safety.
- Communicate with maintenance, scheduling, and lab personnel to meet daily production objectives.
- Maintain and train on up to date operating procedures.
- Administer the terms of the labor contract and maintain positive labor relations with employees.
- Provide technical support and advice to personnel.
- Regular evaluation of employee work performance.
- Counsel, coach, and provide corrective action to employees as needed.
- Ensure employees receive adequate training to perform essential job functions.
- Troubleshooting of plant operational problems.
- Oversee implementation of new production equipment to meet site demands.
- Establish and implement strategies for improving product quality and production efficiency.
- Ensure sufficient material resources are available to avoid production delays.
- Control labor costs through proper deployment of employees as well as planning, scheduling, and prioritizing work assignments.
- Control supply costs through proper inventory control of production tools and equipment.
- Strict observance and enforcement of all safety policies and practices.
- Maintain high standards of employee performance as it relates to safety, quality, cost, and throughput.
- Maintain production operations in accordance with ISO 9000:2000/2015 standards.
- Communicate status of operations regularly with Plant Manager, with emphasis on safety performance, quality assurance, personnel issues, and customer satisfaction.
- Initiates and maintains improvement efforts in all areas of plant operations. This may include SPC, key performance indicators, key project initiatives, and behavioral safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operations/Site Leadership experience in chemicals processing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish new culture in operations facility, and be an effective driver of change.
- Managerial experience with budgetary responsibility in a chemical or allied industry.
- Ideally from a chemical manufacturing environment, with strong focus on maintenance programs and plant operations.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation and standards.
- Proven management experience in process plant.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, and positively motivate others.
- Strong ability to identify, develop and encourage talent.
- Demonstrated results in process improvement.
- Proven ability to measure performance and deliver against objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with ability to influence all levels of the organization.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.