Job Title: Engineer Product II (Product Design Engineer - Mechanical Structures)
Duration: 18 months
Location : East Moline, IL- 61244
- Plans, coordinates, performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
- Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
- Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation. Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
Specific Position Requirements
- Determine engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex structural design problems of moderate scope
- Produce possible design solutions to improve cost, quality, and reduce vehicle weight based upon knowledge of structural design engineering. This will include involvement of engineers from other functional areas, manufacturing, supply management, quality, and/or supplier personnel.
- Compile and create ECM documents, design guidelines, prepare design reviews, and other reports to document the design solution required for the building of prototypes and adoption of the design with involvement of a cross-functional team that may include other DEs, MEs, QEs, as well as SM and supplier personnel.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality, and supply management organizations.
- Support various builds/field/fit up activities whenever required.
Typical issues to solve
- Proposing a design solution with insufficient data.
- Designing parts within cost and manufacturing constraints.
- Expected to provide quick design solutions or new concepts to resolve unexpected problems that may arise during product verification.
- Resolve build issues quickly
- Maintaining effective communication with a diverse project group that will often include team members for global units
- Experience of designing big welded structures, bolted design, castings
- Working Knowledge of manufacturing processes like laser cutting, stamping, forming, weld fixture
- Experience in application of GD&T for structural weldments and knowledge of the capability of the related processes.
- 3-5 Years work experience required.
- Hours of work typically 6 AM to 3 PM – can be flexible to some extent. Metatarsals are required.
Thanks & Regards,
Anant Dwivedi | Lead Recruitment
Sunrise Systems Inc.
105 Fieldcrest Ave Suite# 504, Edison, NJ - 08837 USA
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Email: mailto:Anant.K@sunrisesys.com URL: www.sunrisesys.com
Name: Anant ( Anant.K@sunrisesys.com)