Responsible for the design of electrical control circuits along with machine software and programming architecture.
- Design of complete AC/DC electrical control circuits, network layout, panel layout, and enclosure layouts using AutoCAD.
- Understanding of electrical switches, relays, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, digital devices, analog devices, etc.
- Programming of PLC / PAC machine controls and HMI interfaces. May need to work with and modify existing "template" software.
- Responsible for safety circuit design and understanding of safety categories.
- Programming of ancillary devices including but not limited to servo systems, robotics, vision, and motion controllers.
- Perform electrical calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Support customer start-ups, factory acceptance testing, and on-site service support as necessary.
- Assist in ancillary production functions such as purchasing, costing, and assembly.
- Determine and document bill-of-material lists and order components for specific projects.
- Work with outside vendors such as electrical panel building shops in order to assure designs are properly executed and schedules maintained.
- Assist in mechanical assembly, other production duties, or organizational activities (Ex. inventory adjustments, re-arrangement of work areas, etc.) not necessarily directly related to electrical controls, in order to meet deliveries.
- Provide customer service technical support.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Must be able to work independently from supervisor and team with minimal guidance.
- Understand typical industrial wiring schematics and diagrams.
- Understanding of basic industrial controls circuitry (emergency stop, typical motor starting circuits).
- Ability to design using AutoCAD.
- Specific experience programming industrial PLCs, experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell platforms a plus.
- This position may require travel up to 25% for initial machine installations, site acceptance tests, service work, trade shows, and customer visits.
Name: Jared Smerchek
Ph: 262-886-8000 ext: 232