The main function of a Chemical Technician is to conduct chemical and physical lab tests to assist scientist in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids ad gaseous materials. A typical chemical tech is either a research tech that works in an experimental lab or a process control tech who works in a manufacturing setting The research technician works on research and development and collects samples or produces compounds. The process control technician focuses on quality assurance and production processes.
- Responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine operations
- Duties include routine and non-routine experiences, reexamination of borderline results, researching technical literature and evaluating old processes
- Perform work as specified by project needs in a timely manner
- Associate degree/coursework in a related field
- Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- Basic knowledge of the aspects of chemicals manufacturing and how the process affects the environment, and safety of workers and consumers.