This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated team of maritime engineers, craftsmen, inventors, and designers.
Leverage your maritime mechanical engineering knowledge and skills in this high-profile leadership role with America’s largest and oldest provider of turnkey marine outfitting solutions and the largest supplier of marine HVAC systems in the entire US.
Trident Maritime Systems LLC is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team in San Diego, CA.
A relocation package is available for qualified candidates who are interested in moving to this beautiful area of California!
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation, negotiable based on experience, and full benefits package.
- Bonus opportunities available.
- Relocation package provided to candidates outside the area.
- Advancement and growth opportunities across the company.
- Long term company stability and job security.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Email your information directly to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting development programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials;
- Developing the basis for satisfactory design and acceptance of mechanical and electromechanical systems and products through regulatory body submittals, design review, material procurement, installation, commissioning and delivery;
- Developing requirements to permit the efficient and effective integration of the distributed systems and mechanical equipment into the ship’s design model;
- Reviewing and interpreting system specifications and data;
- Developing and providing written information including labor and material estimates, proposals, technical data, engineering procedures, test procedures, and purchase specifications;
- Acting as a communication interface with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, management and all internal company departments;
- Assisting in shipboard installation, commission and turnover of distributed systems and mechanical equipment;
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, and performance;
- Discussing and solving complex problems with sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Ability to use mathematical modelling and computer-aided design tools;
- Ability to work with other professionals, within and outside of the company.
About the Company: Trident Maritime Systems combines over a century of marine industry excellence. Their focus is bringing value through the best engineered solutions in marine interiors, distributed ship systems, electromechanical solutions, and automation and control. They serve shipbuilders and owners in the cruise, military, offshore oil + gas, and commercial ship markets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you have at least 5 years of mechanical engineering experience in ship building or the maritime industry, they want to hear from you.