Apply engineering expertise, analyze data for trends, and identify process & operational improvements. Will drive improvements, process optimizations, and improved process control to enhance product quality, yields, energy and other cost improvements. Will also prepare material balances, flow sheets, design calculations, etc.. Included in job scope are the following:
- Apply root cause analysis techniques and creative alternatives to technical related problems.
- Follow all of the ISO procedures regarding process control and documentation.
- Investigate and plan corrective actions along with applying statistical techniques in order to improve, track, and investigate quality problems.
- Promoting a culture of working safely and applying safety related concepts into process design.
- Maintaining effective communications and working relationships with operators, maintenance, project engineering, contractor, administrative support, and R&D personnel.
- Provide knowledge of engineering concepts to include thermodynamics, heat transfer, etc.
- The role interfaces with the Process Controls group. No programming is involved.
Capital project management to include coordination of all phases of capital projects from business justification to start-up including scope development, evaluation and selection of technical alternatives, construction management and start-up.
Chemical Engineering degree and Chemical processing industry experience in manufacturing with direct experience in a chemical batch recipe operation (semi-automated process) being ideal. Must possess thorough knowledge and ability to improving production and costs while being involved in daily production setting. Pluses would include a PE License and/or DCS exposure.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at www.searchenterprises.com to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.