We are a specialty third-party staffing agency that works with a number of engineering and environmental consulting firms in helping them to identify skilled technical professionals.
We are currently assisting a leading Civil Engineering Consulting firm in helping them to identify an Environmental Technician that will be responsible for overseeing multiple aspects of large water/wastewater infrastructure and collections system projects.
- Perform engineering based field inspections while utilizing the most advanced inspection methodologies.
- Take detailed field notes on inspection findings.
- Operate a variety of industry specific equipment and tools.
- Assist in compiling field data and preparing reports from the data through use of a variety of industry related software and databases.
While this position does not require any directly related experience candidates with the following qualifications are preferred.
- Education: High school diploma required (AS or BS degree in Geology, Environmental Science or Engineering preferred)
- Experience working outdoors in a field based inspection role (preferably performing environmental, engineering, or geologic inspections).
- Any type of industry relevant safety certifications would be preferred
- Experience operating heavy equipment and field based inspection tools
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to lift 50-100lbs, maneuver in confined spaces, walk/stand for 8+ hours per day
- Valid driver's license and ability to operate a company vehicle