Our client, an emerging global leader in the supply of lime and limestone products has an immediate opportunity for a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer.
The Controls and Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining systems and equipment used to monitor and control our machinery and processes.
• Act as Controls and Instrumentation Engineer lead in directing and interfacing with other I&C engineers as required
• Design, develop and test new control systems as well as maintaining and modifying existing systems
• Provide programming development, testing and support for expert control systems (ECS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI) and process networks
• Participate in the development, implementation and compliance of plant process network standards
• Purchase equipment specific to instrumentation, control and network systems
• Learn plant operations and existing systems (control, network, data management, etc.)
• Calibrate instrumentation, tune control loops and optimize advanced controls and expert control systems
• Degree in control and instrumentation engineering or other engineering curriculum with controls and instrumentation experience
• Minimum 6 years’ experience controls and/or process engineering experience in lime or equivalent industry
• Demonstrated skills in: advanced process control (APC), multiple-input & multiple-output (MIMO) with model predictive control (MPC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
• Frequent travel (up to 50% plus) including cross-border travel to Canada and Mexico.
Name: Larry Stauffer