MECHANICAL SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER
ENGINEERING IS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING WE DO. As the leading mechanical contractor serving the Greater Charlotte area, United Mechanical's staff includes professional engineers, project managers and LEED accredited personnel.
The HVAC Systems Design Engineer - will play a key role working with our team of engineers and operations personnel as we help to meet the complex needs of our varied industrial customers. This position will provide Systems-Level Solutions as our customers upgrade, modify, and maintain their facilities and processes.
THE PRIMARY DUTY - of this job function is to connect sound engineering and contracting principles with sound business principles. Our company strategy has been to develop and utilize a foundation of sound designs including equipment selections, pricing information, AutoCAD details, and installation basics as we conduct our daily business operations. The successful candidate will continue these efforts and will expand and reinforce the work that has been done previously.
Other specific duties will include the following for individual projects:
- Conceptual designs
- Equipment selections
- System pricing
- Customer presentation information
- Final engineering drawings
- Energy Studies
OTHER POSITION DETAILS
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE REQUIRED. A major in Mechanical Engineering and a strong mechanical aptitude is required for this job.
- United Mechanical is the leader in the HVAC industry in the Charlotte area and we are seeking an individual to work in a fast paced professional environment. We are a results oriented company and we are looking for someone that is serious about their career. We are a 41 year old company with a large existing customer base. We are continuously expanding our customer base.
- This position will lead to a leadership role in our project engineering that facilitates our ability to support our customers' needs.
- The person in this position must have the potential to become a Registered Professional Engineer.
- Our professional sales staff markets our services to industrial, commercial, and institutional facility managers in Charlotte and the surrounding counties
- United Mechanical Corp has a staff of experienced professional engineers, project managers, and a professional and aggressive sales team.
- Our industry will thrive as part of the Green Building initiative. Become a LEED certified professional.
- Do you want to become a recognized business leader while working with one of Charlotte's most respected and well established companies?
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree with a strong academic record.
- Above average academic record a plus - GPA above 3.0 would be a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years engineering experience in a professional business environment is preferred.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam with eligibility for the Professional Engineer (P.E.) license within 3 years would be a plus.
- Visit us at www.unitedhvac.com
- Send your resume to Will Valmassoi through Career Builder.
- Compensation in the 65K to 85K per year for recent graduates with full benefits
ABOUT UNITED MECHANICAL CORPORATION
United Mechanical Corporation would like to thank you for the opportunity to introduce our company to you. In today's economy, our clients and their facility managers are charged with finding ways to effectively maintain facilities while containing or even reducing costs. United Mechanical Corporation is a resource that offers integrated mechanical solutions designed to help our clients meet these goals. United Mechanical Corporation is dedicated to identifying, developing, and implementing strategies that will reduce costs for our clients through the implementation of optimally designed, installed, and maintained mechanical systems.
United Mechanical Corporation was founded in 1977. In the beginning, the need for a quality, value added mechanical design, installation, and planned maintenance provider in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Area was recognized. Forty one (41) years later, United Mechanical Corporation is one of the largest mechanical solution providers in the Carolinas.
STATEMENT OF OVERALL COMPANY OBJECTIVE
To provide a means for all employees to make a living for themselves and their families in an atmosphere that maximizes personal development, personal safety, and personal fulfillment by doing commercial air conditioning design, installation, controls, and service work with unexcelled quality and customer satisfaction.
* Must have a complete and total commitment to the SAFETY of our employees. Must be absolutely committed to the faithful administration of our safety program
* BSME with a top level academic record 3.0+ GPA
* Must be FE certified and committed to achieve PE certification as soon as allowed.
* Must have LEADERSHIP personality and skills!
* High energy level.
Name: Will Valmassoi