Duties and responsibilities
- Technical hands on assembly and disassembly of products in order to understand and write technical documents used for flat rate schedule and technician training
- Author/writer on assigned products
- Responsible for creating and providing service information and training materials, such as Workshop manual, Flat-rate schedule, Maintenance chart, Operator’s manual, new product training materials and service training materials etc., of products produced by Kubota Manufacturing of America Corporation/Kubota Industrial Equipment Corporation to the distributors
- Provide the service staff in distributors with new product and service training.
- Respond inquiries from distributors and provide information properly to ensure adequate service
- Engage in concurrent engineering for service such as serviceability and maintainability in each step of new product development.
- Develop Special Tools" electrical and/or mechanical service tools" and support equipment to aid in the correct diagnosis and repair of products.
- Research, identify and create illustrations/animations for service publications.
- Special projects as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (preference in Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences, or Business related degree)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to write and explain technical concepts and repair methods in fluent English. Must be able to report in detail technical investigations
- Extremely detail oriented
- Problem solving skills – being able to analyze information such as images, drawings and graphics to create and communicate repair solutions
- Technical skills – proven experience with hands-on repair (assembly and disassembly) of agricultural/turf machinery equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be adaptable to Kubota standard practices and follow these exactly
- Ability to multitask
- English language competency and legible writing ability
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work with little to no oversight
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of direct Product Support work experience in the following areas: Agriculture or construction equipment with emphasis on power trains, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
- Experience with technical photography and image manipulation
- Project Management and Leadership Skills
- Knowledge of Kubota products
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member must have the ability to work in extreme hot or cold conditions, uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; ascend stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. In addition, the team member must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
No Direct Reports