About DB Healthcare IT
DB Healthcare partners with information technology groups within various healthcare organizations and established consulting practices to provide them with qualified consulting staffing resources. More jobs available at http://www.dbhealthcare.com.
Title: Corporate and Governance Paralegal - PA
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19146
Duration: Contract – 3 Months
Start Date: 02/27/2019
- Local candidates only.
- W2 only; No visa holders or candidates through C2C vendors
Job Description - Summary:
The Corporate and Governance Paralegal will provide legal and administrative support for the Office of the General Counsel and the Office of Board and will report to an Associate General Counsel with a dotted line report to the Associate Vice President, Board Governance on governance matters. The Corporate and Governance Paralegal will be a proactive and creative partner to the General Counsel and Board Governance teams, assisting in delivering practical, high quality legal services, coordinating matters related to governance and the Board of Trustees, and developing and implementing effective and efficient mechanisms to do so.
Top Required Skills:
- 3 or more years’ of corporate paralegal experience
- Excellent technical skills are required, including but not limited to proficiency in all Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and facility learning and quickly implementing office-related programs (e.g., travel reimbursement programs, billing programs).
- Experience in corporate governance
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills
- College degree (associates degree or higher)
- Certificate of completion from a paralegal course of studies preferred
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, revising, redlining, organizing and finalizing certain corporate/transactional documents and any related due diligence as necessary, including but not limited to agreements and corporate filings.
- Assist with contract completion and execution, including comparing versions, tracking and compiling exhibits, and coordinating signatures.
- Maintain corporate documents (e.g., bylaws, articles of incorporation) and assure required filings are completed.
- Assist in creating, standardizing and maintaining certain Board of Trustees’ legal and governing documents including but not limited to resolutions, charters, bylaws and board committee plans.
- Support creation and maintenance of board education materials including best practice resources.
- Research legal, governance and other issues as assigned.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other materials.
- Assist in reviewing court orders and making recommendations to clinical departments regarding consent to treat.
- Perform other paralegal duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Provide office administrative support as assigned, which may include answering phones, scheduling, revising documents, proofreading, sending correspondence, and filing.
- Perform job duties independently, demonstrating exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, a strong ability to interface professionally and confidentially with persons inside and outside of the organization, to prioritize responsibilities and coordinate multiple activities at once, to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems, and to cope with urgent deadlines
Name: Recruiters (Recruiters@dbhealthcare.com)
Ph: 781-273-3244 Press 2