About DB Healthcare IT
DB Healthcare partners with information technology groups within various healthcare organizations and established consulting practices to provide them with qualified consulting staffing resources. More jobs available at http://www.dbhealthcare.com.
Title: Hospital & Physician Contract Manager-FL
Location: Tampa, FL
Type: Direct hire/ Permanent - Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
- Locals strongly preferred
- 100% onsite; the HM is open to a flexible open work arrangement (100% onsite; is there flex for remote; the hiring manager wants them on site; manager is open to a flexible open work arrangement, she might be willing to do 4-10hours day)
- No visa holders or candidates through C2C vendors
Job Description - Summary: Client is seeking a Hospital Contract Manager and a Physicians Contract Manager to be responsible for reviewing, developing, negotiating, and maintaining hospital managed care agreements for the hospital consistent with hospital Guidelines. In addition, the Hospital Contract Manager will serve as a problem solver who researches and resolves managed care related issues
The Hospital Contract Manager will support the development of Hospital Center contract strategy and will provide direction on alternative payment methodologies and contract terms. This position will have an advisory role in client’s expansion strategies with the emphasis on payments and terms in additional markets and products.
The Hospital Contract Manager is also responsible for developing ongoing opportunities to improve contract efficiency and the analysis of contract performance to expectations.
Top Required Skills:
- Minimum 5 years managed care contracting experience either in a hospital, hospital network, or managed care organization. Skill in composing and editing documents to include contracts, correspondence, and reports.
- 5 to 7 years of progressively challenging experience in managed care in the provider or payer setting.
- Demonstrated skill in evaluating, monitoring, and improving existing contracts. Proven ability to resolve managed care revenue cycle related problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of managed care principles and practices, experience in fee for service and value based payment models.
- Demonstrated track record of success in negotiating with third parties including preparation and design of the negotiation as well as execution.
- Proven ability to prepare and present managed care strategies for team, stakeholders and leadership.
- High proficiency with Microsoft tools especially PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including financial modeling and reimbursement technologies, proficient in spreadsheet and database programs as well as legal and contractual compliance issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MSA and CPA preferred
- Very strong negotiating skills
- Must have strong personality.
- Excellent written and oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated success in building positive and effective relationships with physicians, leadership, and team members.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organizational model.
- Evaluates possible reimbursement methodologies and business initiatives in view of their relevance and marketability to payers.
- Analyzes and monitors the financial impact of new and existing managed care agreements in conjunction with the Director of Managed Care.
- Identifies opportunities to gain efficiencies and greater effectiveness in contracts.
- Supports Client growth strategies by being a subject matter expert on payment implications for new opportunities.
- Assists various Client Departments with resolving patient access issues related to patient insurance.
- Provides support to individual patient Letters of Agreement with non-contracted payers as needed.
- Serves as the Managed Care Department’s liaison with the Cancer Center and as an organization wide resource for managed care related issues.
- Resolves issues that arise between the Cancer Center and managed care organizations.
- Provides appropriate physician and staff education to support the managed care activities of the Cancer Center.
Name: Recruiters (Recruiters@dbhealthcare.com)
Ph: 781-273-3244 Press 2