Assists in the management activities for the materials department in a lean manufacturing, just in time environment. Provide oversight for pre and post production material control, material scheduling and release, bill of materials coordination, and transportation logistics.
Duties to include:
- Oversees and monitors shipment plans from suppliers to ensure sufficient inventory of products to satisfy customer’s needs.
- Analyzes inventory levels, accuracy and assists in resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Establishes and maintains communications to satisfy the needs of the plants while facilitating a consistent and coordinated interface with suppliers on quality, delivery, and other performance objectives.
- Meets optimum inventory performance objectives as defined by Materials management.
- Works closely with other departments.
- Gathers data for analysis regarding usage, quality, price, and manufacturing capability.
- Disseminates supplier performance data to plant.
- Develops and maintains on-going ethical supplier relationships that foster a desire to furnish new ideas, and promote cooperation with company on an on-going basis.
- Participates in inter-departmental teams working towards continuous process improvement, elimination of waste and simultaneous engineering.
- Works on projects to improve quality, cycle time, process variation and efficiency.
- Verifies perpetual inventory against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, and investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies and variances in perpetual.
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received.
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Controls Material department budgets.
- Interviews and hires staff, and oversee staff training.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyzes market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Plans work assignments and equipment allocations in order to meet material, operations, or production goals.
- Confers with customers, supervisors, contractors, and other personnel to exchange information and to resolve problems.
- Resolves worker problems, or collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Reviews orders, production schedules, blueprints, and shipping/receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, and destinations.
- Interprets transportation and tariff regulations, shipping orders, safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Coordinates physical inventory audits with Accounting.
- Assists in developing Policies and SOPs relating to Materials Management.
- Maintains and develops good relationships with suppliers and source/obtain best prices for material purchases.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of unit goals and objectives; establishes schedules and methods for assigned parts operations; and implements policies and procedures.
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations and monitors and controls expenditures.
- Maintain and Implement departmental procedures to ensure compliance with TS16949 standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years experience in logistics and/or materials.