SUMMARY: The Process Engineer provides technical expertise and support to Manufacturing Unit for safety/environmental compliance, quality control/assurance, productivity, and process improvement. Working with department management, the position is responsible for maintaining manufacturing operations and meeting productivity and quality goals. The position is responsible to operate within the guidelines of an established departmental budget and associated project budgets.
Provide technical support to ensure unit safety/environmental compliance, productivity, quality, and efficient resource utilization including production scheduling, energy/raw materials usage and costs.
- Technical project leadership and management to enhance unit operations and processes.
- Maintain and update process control systems – equipment/instrumentation, programs, loop
- configuration/tuning to enhance unit performance.
- Provide business reporting of manufacturing performance (eg – KPIs, OEE/OLS, etc), material accountability/efficiencies, and HESQ compliance.
- Act as unit HESQ liaison (as required) for MACT, Title V, Emissions Inventory (EI), Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), emissions testing, and HESQ event compliance – regulatory/quality event reporting and corrective action tracking/implementation.
- Serve as an SAP key user for issuing finished goods process orders, confirming unpacked/packed goods, and modifying BOMs as needed.
- Analyze historical process data to investigate quality complaints and develop corrective actions. Provide campaign run summaries/statistics as required.
- Serve as back-up for Principal Process Development Engineer and Senior Process Engineer. The position is accountable for performing job functions in accordance with the site and corporate Responsible Care® initiatives including Health, Environment, Safety and Security
- (RC-HESS), which includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Immediate reporting of incidents, injuries, illnesses, exposures (e.g. to chemicals) and near hits. Ensuring workers are encouraged to report hazards, incidents, and near hits.
- Immediate correction and/or reporting of all hazardous acts and conditions.
- Active leadership of RC-HESS activities including cooperation and participation in the site HES Performance Indicator programs core elements including work area inspections, job safety analyses/observations, training and meetings.
- Assignment and communication of RC-HESS responsibilities and authorities and holding employees accountable.
Degree in Chemical Engineering with relevant experience in polymers, chemicals, or petrochemicals. Requires a highly motivated individual capable of addressing complex projects with minimal supervision. Must be a multi-tasker with ability to work effectively in a team environment and have solid organizational, project management and problem-solving skills to provide leadership in areas of HES, operations and process engineering (e.g. – unit operations, process simulation, process/distributive control, quality control/assurance, and regulatory compliance. Knowledge of computers, statistical analysis, hydrocarbon processing, polymer science beneficial. The position also requires effective oral/written communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of management, staff and customer interactions.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.