Allan Briteway performs electrical construction work through our various divisions in almost all areas of electrical contracting. We have continuing contracts in high rise commercial office and residential, research and laboratory, entertainment, healthcare, transportation, roadway, and utility.
The BIM specialist position works in conjunction with project managers, engineers, and tradesmen to ensure the technical requirements of the electrical construction contract are effectively communicated to the field forces. This position is ideal for the individual with practical construction knowledge, an electrical or mechanical aptitude, and exceptional BIM/CAD skills.
This position is a ground-floor opportunity to get involved in the expanding field of Building Information Modeling (BIM) utilizing the latest 3D CAD tools to design, coordinate, construct, operate, and even renovate facilities. Individuals with the skills suited to BIM will be in demand for years to come.
Individuals with the aptitude to:
- Understand all facets of building construction and the interaction of the various trades and design roles.
- Develop a broad understanding of electrical construction means, methods, and materials.
- Interpret diagrammatic and performance based design requirements into practical constructable shop drawings for implementation by trade mechanics.
are well suited to succeed in this role.
Electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, architects, construction managers, and designers looking to transition to a field role are encouraged to apply.
- cuWorking knowledge of the National Electrical Code, and National Fire Alarm Code (NFPA 72)
- Practical knowledge of electrical construction means, methods, materials, and equipment.
- Working knowledge of teledata structured wiring systems means, methods, materials, and equipment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are a must.
- Basic skills in Autodesk’s Revit and NavisWorks with a desire to expand on abilities.
- Five Years Experience with an electrical contractor, design build contractor, or design consultant preferred.
As an employee of Allan Briteway, you will be required to join the IBEW Local Union #3 Administrative Division. Union members enjoy exceptional benefits including healthcare, an employer funded pension plan, 401K, paid personal, holiday, and vacation days, and many other benefits of union membership too numerous to mention.
Attention IBEW Local Union 3 Members
All current Local Union #3 members are encouraged to apply directly. Allan Briteway does not recruit Local Union #3 members through staffing, personnel, or recruiting agents.