JT4 is hiring a Telecommunications Field Engineer II for their Las Vegas, Nevada location.
The Telecommunications Field Engineer manages all installation, maintenance, and equipment upgrades required to support ATCALS, Weather, Radio and Television systems at all operation locations. Duties include, but are not limited to the design installation maintenance, troubleshooting and certification of the following systems:
- Navigation ground systems including ILS/VOR/TACANS.
- Meteorological/Weather systems.
- HF/UHF/VHF ground-to-air radio communications equipment.
- Wide-area server based remote radio control systems.
- Air Traffic Control operation centers and switching equipment.
- P25 Land Mobile Radio networks, radio frequency (RF) repeaters and portable/mobile radios.
- Server based Digital Voice recording systems and associated equipment.
- Analog and digital cable television systems, encoders, modulators and distribution systems.
- Cable distribution systems to include fiber optic, RF coaxial and CAT5e/6/6e.
- UHF/VHF/HF antenna and grounding/boding systems.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job..
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training
- 7 or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field.
- Must have a professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles, and a familiarity with related engineering fields.
- Must have a practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform relatively routine engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must qualify for and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance and possess a current state issued driver's license.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand complex networking technology and telecommunications technologies
- Be proficient with Cisco LAN/WAN networking equipment and understand routing and switching protocols.
- Be knowledgeable in Windows OS, Antivirus software, Active Directory, GPOs and PC configuration.
- Have expert knowledge in electronics, electro-mechanical systems, and computer operating systems.
- Be experienced with terrain analysis software and RF coverage projections.
- Possess the ability to use and understand specific test equipment and set standards for Range certification.
- Be skilled in industry/DoD standard equipment installation practices.
- Be willing to be certified in tower climbing and rescue skills.
- Have excellent technical and writing skills.
- Be able to resolve complex problems through analytical thinking.
- Be highly motivated, detail-oriented and willing to perform all field engineering duties.
- Be the technical expert and lead less experienced Field Engineers in day-to-day activities.
- May be required to become ISCET certified.
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.