Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is actively searching for an Industrial Engineer to join the team at our Schult Homes building facility in Redwood Falls, MN. Clayton Homes is the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
The Manufacturing Engineer plans and coordinates manufacturing process. The Industrial Engineer develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods – utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
· Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, construction, tooling, and materials – apply data to improvement initiatives.
· Determine areas of improvement for minimizing operating costs while maximizing production.
· Collaborate with team members on cost projects, reduction, run times, etc.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Support other special projects such as productivity improvements, defect reduction, capacity improvements, changeover reduction, and area layouts.
· Other tasks and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to analyze and plan workflow and design layout of facility for maximum efficiency.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD experience a plus.
· Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Name: Katie Miller